Joseph H. Marshall | Staff Attorney
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (425) 486-8138
Criminal Defense • DUI/DWI and Traffic Crimes • Civil Litigation
Real Estate • Municipal Law • Wills and Estate Planning
JOSEPH H. MARSHALL is a general practice attorney, concentrating on criminal defense and real estate matters.
Mr. Marshall represents both adults and juveniles facing criminal charges, offering a vigorous defense. He has experience as a private and public criminal defense attorney, including work for the King County Defender Association.
Mr. Marshall has handled hundreds of criminal cases, representing clients in jury and bench trials, motions, sentencing and review hearings. He has won misdemeanor trials and settled felony cases including DUI and reckless driving, assault, robbery, harassment, and drug possession cases including dismissal for a client caught with non-medical marijuana in the courthouse. He has also secured reduction of felony charges to misdemeanors in cases involving assault with a deadly weapon and drug possession.
Mr. Marshall has also represented individuals in cases before Child Protective Services, successfully fighting state motions to take children from parents in dependency hearings and trials.
On behalf of his juvenile clients, Mr. Marshall has won acquittals in felony assault and misdemeanor marijuana possession trials, dismissal of felony animal cruelty charges for client mental health issues, dismissal of a reckless driving charge for prosecutorial misconduct, and reduction of an assault with deadly weapon charge to a misdemeanor.
On the civil side of his practice, Mr. Marshall focuses on real estate and eminent domain. Representative cases include securing the largest settlement against Sound Transit for a subsidence case up to that time, and successful settlements in adverse possession, timber trespass and easement litigation.
In addition to a law degree from the University of Washington, Mr. Marshall is a graduate of the National Criminal Defense College, Mercer Law School, Intensive Trial Advocacy Program. He also holds a Master of Fine Arts from Cornell University, at Ithaca, New York.
Mr. Marshall is an active member of the Northshore Rotary Club.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Washington, 1999
- National Criminal Defense College, Mercer Law School, 2003
- Trial advocacy program graduate
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 1999
- Cornell University, English and Poetry, M.F.A., 1995
- University of Washington, B.A., English, magna cum laude, 1991
- With distinction
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Associate, Williams & Williams PSC, 2006-present
- Associate, Stein, Lotzkar & Starr, PS, Inc., 2005-2006
- Attorney, King County Defender Association, 2000-2005
- Personal injury attorney, Williams & Williams PSC, 1999-2000
- Intern, Central Puget Sound Growth Management Hearings Board, Summer 1997
- Lecturer and Instructor, Expository and Creative Writing, Cornell University
- Intensive Trial Advocacy Program, National Criminal Defense College, Mercer Law School, 2003
- Enjoys raising his sons with wife Leanne, also hiking, literature, rock and roll music